One of the best investments you can make for the health and safety of your kids is choosing the best car seat accessories that are safe, comfortable, and helpful in making going out with them enjoyable.
Not all car seats are the same…
Some car seats are super-equipped; others have the bare minimum to be more convenient.
This is why it is helpful to buy child seat accessories and improve the comfort and safety of children while traveling in many cases.
On this page, you will find:
- The must-have car seat accessories with their features
- Why buying some car seat accessories is worth it
- ..and a lot More!
In reality, manufacturers are using the utmost in technology and quality to provide parents with unique car seat accessories and add-ons that make life a little easier for the whole family.
Stick with us, and let’s walk you through our TOP-PICKS…
- 1 – Shynerk Baby Car Mirror
- 2 – Baby Car Camera Monitor
- 3 – Taf Toys Toe Time Infant Car Seat Toy
- 4 – Travel Bug Baby & Toddler 2-in-1 Head Support
- 5 – ONE PIX Backseat Car Organizer
- 6 – Diono Super Lock Seat Belt Lock Clip
- 7 – Enovoe Car Window Shade
- 8 – J.L. Childress Gate Check Bag for Car Seats
- 9 – MHJY Carseat Canopy Cover
- 10 – COOLBEBE Car Seat Straps Shoulder Pads
- 11 – Lusso Gear Kids Travel Tray
- 12 – XOOL Electric Car Fans for Rear Seat Passenger
- 13 – Baby & Beyond’s Car Seat Rain Cover
- 14 – JJ Cole Infant Baby Carrier Cover
- Conclusion: Best Car Seat Accessories
The Most Useful Accessories For Baby Car Seats
Using baby car seats keeps your children safe all the way long.. However, choosing the right one is essential in getting the utmost safety wherever you go.
Again, car seats are different, and not all are fully equipped!
There are more or less common situations that could limit the safety of children in the car. For example, when they fall asleep, and the head moves forward. Or when the straps are not designed to prevent the child from freeing themselves or sliding down.
With kids, you must always take the utmost care to stay on the safe side..
Imagine your kid is playing with the seat belt buckle and trying to loosen or unhook it.
It does not take too much imagination to understand the consequences of these scenarios..
Luckily, though, many newly invented car seat accessories help you protect your child from any unpleasant scenarios and help him enjoy the ride.
Scroll down to take a look at the best ones before you go shopping…
1 – Shynerk Baby Car Mirror
Best Car Seat Mirror
- This car seat mirror is perfect for all parents – especially new ones – to keep an eye on the baby while driving.
- It gives a comprehensive and clear baby reflection from head to toe.
- The shatterproof and scratch-resistant acrylic glass is safe and crash-tested to ensure the utmost safety for your child.
- It has a 360-degree pivot mount design for easy adjustment and ensures a proper baby view.
- It comes in a one-size that fits almost all vehicles and headrests.
- Installing the baby mirror is so simple. Just strap it into the seat headrest and adjust the straps to get the proper angle.
2 – Baby Car Camera Monitor
Best Wireless Baby Car Camera
- This is a car camera that you can use to get a full view of the kids in the backseat while driving.
- It has an infrared night vision automatic mood for perfect vision during night driving.
- The display camera is 4.3 inches wide, and the rear one has a 140 degrees angle, which is ideal for full view coverage.
- It comes with adjustable elastic velcros to tie the camera into the car headrest, a cigarette lighter that also has a USB interface to charge your phone, and a power cord that has three interfaces.
- The camera turns off once the car stops working.
3 – Taf Toys Toe Time Infant Car Seat Toy
Best Car Seat Toy
- This infant rear-facing car seat toy is perfect for keeping your little one entertained and happy for many hours.
- It comes with different toys, and all of them improve the baby’s senses and motor skills.
- There are three hanging stuffed toys that are different in colors, shapes, and sounds.
- The toe part is super fun. Each time your baby kicks it, the music turns on.
- There is also a small mirror between the toys, so your baby can recognize himself and have fun.
- Attaching this toy to the backseat is super easy and doesn’t block the driver from seeing the backside.
- It comes with two plastic rings to hold around the car’s headrest and adjustable velcro straps at the bottom to ensure a proper height and playing angle.
- It is an excellent gift for a baby shower or new parents.
4 – Travel Bug Baby & Toddler 2-in-1 Head Support
Best Baby Head Support For Car Seat
- This head support grows with your baby over time.
- It comes with a dual-head piece, and the smaller one is removable to adjust the support for a growing baby.
- The overall design is versatile and very practical. You can use it on the baby car seat, stroller, or even his bouncer.
- The pack includes a head support piece, baby teether, and wrist strap.
- The Polyester fabric is super easy to wipe-clean. You can machine wash it, but on a cold and gentle wash with dry tumble low.
5 – ONE PIX Backseat Car Organizer
Best Backseat Car Organizer
- This back seat organizer is a key to making your car organized all the time. It offers plenty of space for everyday items and keeps order in the car, on vacation, at home, and on the road.
- It has 8 compartments with different sizes to fit various items, such as magazines, cutlery, toys, tablets, books, etc.
- There is a clear window pocket for tablets to keep them in place while the car is moving.
- The material used to make this organizer is durable, good in quality, and waterproof.
- The installation is super easy to do. It has adjustable straps with buckles that are super quick to release.
- It fits almost all car seats of different sizes.
- It can also be used as a hanging shelf in children’s rooms, offices, and study rooms.
6 – Diono Super Lock Seat Belt Lock Clip
Best Car Seat Belt Clip
- This super lock clip holds the shoulder or lap belts in your preferred locking position to keep your child secure.
- The slot-sides design is super easy and quick to use.
- This steel clip is made of reinforced steel, solid and durable.
- This clip is universal and fits almost all seat belts, no matter which car seat material or design your car has.
7 – Enovoe Car Window Shade
Best Car Window Shade For Baby
- This black window sunshade is perfect for darkening the backseat area to help your baby sleep and avoid excessive sunlight.
- It blocks more than 97% of UV Rays that could otherwise harm your kid – especially if he is still an infant.
- It is a msh fabric but comes in dual layers for extra protection. It maintains good visibility to enjoy looking outside while the car is moving.
- No adhesives or suction cups are needed to install these shades. The sunshade back is static, clinging for an easy application.
- This pack of two window sunshades comes in a universal fit to work for almost all window shapes and sizes, like Minivans, SUV cars, and Large Sedans.
- It comes with a storage pouch; twist, fold and store them in a second.
8 – J.L. Childress Gate Check Bag for Car Seats
Best Car Seat Travel Bag
- This is a lightweight, roomy, and durable go-to travel car seat bag. Once you hand it over at the airplane gate, it protects the baby car seat from getting exposed to dirt and germs.
- It has a wide opening for easy use, with a draw-string locking system for quick and practical operation.
- It comes with a stretchy, small storage bag that fits the diaper bag.
- There is an identification box at the bottom of the logo, where you can write your name or nickname to make it a personalized bag.
9 – MHJY Carseat Canopy Cover
Best Car Seat Canopy
- This canopy is multifunctional and practical. It works as a car seat cover and nursing cover for breastfeeding moms.
- It covers the whole car seat to ensure the utmost protection from wind, cold, sun, or give your baby a quiet time away from strangers.
- The Minky fleece lining is super soft, light, and breathable to work all year round.
- It comes in different colors and patterns, and it is excellent as a baby shower gift.
- The canopy’s design is efficient. It comes with a slit opening and an easy-opening snap so that you can adjust it based on the weather.
- The two wrapping straps are flexible to go around most car seats handlebars.
10 – COOLBEBE Car Seat Straps Shoulder Pads
Best Car Seat Built Covers
- This is a baby and toddler shoulder pad that is super soft on the skin, filled with foam, and good quality.
- It comes in a universal fit for the car seat or stroller straps.
- These velvet-touch pads allow your kid to sleep and move comfortably inside his car seat and minimize any slippage chances.
- Feel free to clean them in the washing machine. But use the cold wash and hang dry to keep them in shape.
11 – Lusso Gear Kids Travel Tray
Best Car Seat Lap Tray
- This car seat tray is a multifunctional table that works as a dry-erase whiteboard for drawing, playing, and easting during road trips.
- With the adjustable strap, you can attach it to the car seat, high chair, or stroller.
- A built-in tablet (or iPad) stand keeps it from dropping while your baby is watching his favorite movie. It is touch and waterproof.
- There are mesh pockets on the sides to store your kid’s items or small toys and keep them organized.
- It is a plastic toddler tray that is durable, sturdy, and strong to withstand the kids’ rough playing.
- There is a cup holder for your child’s drink to stay in place. It is detachable for your convenience.
- The tray is collapsible and folds flat for storage.
- Using it promotes children’s hand-eye coordination, letter, number, and color recognition abilities.
12 – XOOL Electric Car Fans for Rear Seat Passenger
Best Car Seat Fan
- This 12 V Car fan is multifunctional and high in quality. It helps keep the car cool during summer days and moisture-free during rainy days.
- This fan has dual heads that are both rotatable to 360 degrees, so it works in any direction you want.
- The wind speed is adjustable with a step-less speed control based on your reference.
- It is a sturdy, stable, and durable car fan with a firm grip for a tight installation.
- The design is efficient and practical. It fits small and tight places.
- It works with the cigarette lighter charger, and the cord is 4.5 feet long. You need to plug it in and enjoy the cool air.
- You get a pack of six black clamps that help keep the wire clean.
- This is a quiet fan where your baby sleeps quietly and almost hears no fan noise while working.
13 – Baby & Beyond’s Car Seat Rain Cover
Best Car Seat Rain Cover
- This rain cover comes in a universal fit to perfectly fit most baby car seats.
- It is multifunctional and protects your baby from the rain, wind, insects, or snow.
- There are ventilation holes on both sides to ensure the kid’s safety when the cover is closed.
- The opening is vast, and the zipper is super easy to open and close, making putting and taking out your baby a quick thing to do.
- The plastic material is non-toxic, durable, and transparent.
- You get a lifetime warranty.
14 – JJ Cole Infant Baby Carrier Cover
Best Car Seat Winter Cover
- This is a warm nest for babies in cold and harsh weather conditions. It provides full-body coverage with breathable flaps for practicality.
- This winter cover is made of water-resistant nylon; it will keep the baby dry in hard rain and snow and a soft and comfortable fleece lining inside.
- The flexible elastic strap creates a comfortable and secure fit for various car seats and standard-sized strollers.
- The flap is ideal for you to sneak-peek and check on your baby. You can unzip the top side to let your kid enjoy looking around or be admired by passersby.
- The cover is safe to place on the washing machine and dryer.
Q1: Do you need the infant insert for the car seat?
Infants are tiny, and their weight doesn’t support them; thus, a car seat insert helps secure them and makes them feel comfortable while sitting in the car seat. Most infant car seats come with a cushioned insert. If not, we recommend you buy the head support insert, as it is designed specially to support the baby’s neck and head properly.
Q2: How can I make my car seat darker?
Consider covering his seat with a canopy or a sunshade cover to minimize the lights inside your baby’s car seat. But make sure the cover’s fabric is breathable to keep your kid safe. Also, you can invest in a window sunshade, which helps darken the area next to the baby seat.
Q3: Can a baby wear a coat in a car seat?
Based on the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations, parents must avoid bulky clothing when setting their baby in his car seat. Clothes like coats, jackets, and snowsuits prevent the kid from sitting correctly inside the car seat, questioning his safety.
Conclusion: Best Car Seat Accessories
The best car seat accessories vary from person to person and function to function, completely dependent on your needs.
That’s said, when shopping for a car seat accessory, you need to think about the features you are looking for to make it worth buying.
Luckily, though, there are plenty of options available in the market and a vast collection of useful accessories that help make your baby’s car seat comfortable, safe, and fun.
Last but not least.. We recommend getting good-quality car seat accessories that withstand the kids’ pulling, pushing, and rough playing. And remember to buy them from known brands, which offer good warranties and customer services.
Related: 8 Best Baby Car Seats