Children hardly realize they need to use the toilet. Most of the time, it’s already too messy too late.
This article is a complete guide and review of every toddler’s must have Potty Training Watch.
You’ll be leaving with a clear understanding of :
- What the Potty Training Watch is
- The things to consider before buying
- What qualities to keep an eye on about the product
- And many more…
The Potty Watch is here to do the work for you!
Are you ready to know how?
Let’s have a go!
Being a new parent is tough.
Besides adjusting your schedule and trying to get sufficient sleep, there is that giant of an obstacle left to ensure our baby’s independence. I have two words for you… potty-training. You may not know what to expect. I got your back though. I have some tricks to help you navigate the process. Our babies need reminding to use the potty but with everything else in life that you are focused on, it should not always be you.
I found just the thing to ease the “load” off of you.
Believe me, you will want all the tools you can get. With my first child, I was the manual potty break reminder, but when my second one came along I actually used something called a potty watch to help the process. In this article, I review the Potty Watch: The Original Potty Watch and break down what exactly it can do for you.
First, let me go over what the process entails and then how the Potty Watch can help you.
Thing to Consider Before Buying
Every parent faces challenges with communicating with their baby. Especially on how and when to use the potty.
Working as an infant-toddler teacher, I have seen it all. It ranges from children who have absolutely no interest, to those who cannot communicate when they need to use it. The process definitely has its own set of challenges. This watch is truly a hidden gem in the baby world. It is something I recommend for all parents going through the potty training process.
Before I let you in on the watch, here is where you should be to fully maximize the potential of this watch.
- Your child should show some kind of sign or interest in the toilet. If they are still scared, then this watch may not be of too much help. What you can do to calm their nerves is comfort them if they feel nervous to sit on the toilet. If they get startled from the flushing sound, let them flush. This way they feel as if they have control over the situation. I will go in more detail on how the potty training watch helps comfort children. However, I would not treat the features of this watch as a solution. It is simply there to hasten the process. It allows for better communication, and makes your baby feel excited.
- You should be able to pick up some cues or signals from your child. Communication is critical when it comes to potty training. Hopefully your baby is using words like “pee” or “poo poo” to let you know what they want to do. Many issues that stem from potty training is the fact that children do not always warn you in time. That is where this watch comes in handy.
- Know that this watch compliments your efforts and rewards your child for theirs as well. It will not get your little one to successfully start potty training by itself, but it definitely is a great teaching tool. It will be useful for you to acknowledge that this is a process that they are working hard at. Bringing them into the process will give them a sense of ownership and pride, instead of you constantly reminding your little one to go. This watch does it for you. Sometimes kids can get frustrated with their parents harping in their ears. With a watch like this, the tune can serve as a reminder and brighten their mood.
- These products may not be 100% necessary but it is a great accessory and can make going potty a lot more fun during this time. In addition, of course it can take the load off of you. Potty training time for parents is extremely stressful and you should not have to carry the burden all on your own. Having an affordable product like this can aid the process.
What to Look for:
Potty training might take a while.
Finding a product that can last you through it is essential. Kiddos always tend to throw things around. You want to make sure you find a product that is throw-proof and can handle anything that life throws at it. You also want to make sure that it is water-proof. You want it to withstand those splashy hand washes. Making sure you find a high quality product that will last is extremely important. You can even make them last through multiple kids.
It is less about saving money and more about finding a high quality product that can keep your little one safe.
You want a product that your kiddo will not even notice.
Since these help your child with potty training, you want to make sure they do not hurt them. Some products can be a bit clunky. Make sure to find one that fits your little one. The last thing you want is for them to hate the product and hate going potty too.
Since potty training is a long process that requires incentivizing your child in the right way, it is important that you do not buy a product that makes the act of going to the bathroom uncomfortable in any way. If that occurs, no matter how many rewards you give your little one, they will grow to resent this important life skill.
This is a given, but you want a product that actually works. We found that some watches on the market are super quiet, and are not functional. We bought one before that you could barely hear. My little one would look at it and ignore it. Make sure to find a product that your kiddo will pay attention to. That means it should be fun and exciting to make sure that the act of going potty is fun and exciting as well.
You may be thinking…
How unsafe can a watch be?
But because your little one is so eager to see the world and explore things around them through touch and taste, you want to make sure that what you get cannot easily be swallowed. This means no additional dangling parts that can be easily removed or misplaced. It should also be easy to clean since you never know where your kid’s hands have gotten! The material that the watch is made of will be something important to keep an eye on.
There are a lot of watches on the baby market these days. Style and design, of course, is always a consideration, but there are also many other things that you can factor into your purchasing decision. You may be someone who is more low-tech and wants something simple and straightforward. Or you may want something extremely high-tech that might interest your little one in technology and all things digital.
If there are certain things you want, there is one that will fit your needs.
Hopefully that quick little run-down helped you understand how this would work in your home. So maybe you decided that you are at the steps you need to be.
In that case, let me talk more about the watch and how it works.
Presenting the Product
So let us jump right into it.
Potty Time: The Original Potty Watch is a neat little watch. It can wrap around your child’s wrist and alerts them of times they should check to use the potty. It is almost like an alarm clock. They come with three different timer settings. You can make it activate every 30, 60, or 90 minutes. They may be still pretty fresh in the potty training process. It also works for more advanced kiddos with the occasional hiccup.
This watch is sure to close those loose ends. I cannot wait to tell you all the cool features and benefits of this watch. Using and watching my kiddos try it out, I definitely see that this is a well-designed product. When your kiddo is first learning to go potty, they often forget to go. They get used to diapers catching it all. With this product, it serves as a little reminder.
Potty training has never been so much fun!
Features and Benefits
At a glance:
- Safety tested
- Approved for children under 18 months
- Colorful lights
- Automatic timers
- 3 different songs
- Comes in multiple colors
- Features adjustable wristband
- Stainless steel buckle
- Soft jelly wristband
When I put a hat on my kiddos or maybe even some mittens, it can be a struggle. Babies want to be comfortable as they crawl, jump, and run everywhere. Will this watch slow them down? Well, on the contrary, I found my children to really enjoy the music. They always stop whatever they are doing for this fun watch. My first concern was that it would be uncomfortable, or no toddler wants to try it on.
Boy, was I wrong! Here is why:
- The music! Children love music. When you buy your watch, it comes with lyrics that go to the tune of the watch. What is awesome is that they changed the lyrics to make it fit the theme of potty training. My babies have sang along to the song and sing to me. It definitely makes potty time fun and full of smiles. You are able to choose from three different songs. This way they will not get bored or rely on one tune.
- Adjustable wrist strap. Let us be honest, some children are slower to start training. That is definitely not an issue. This should be an enjoyable experience. We cannot hard force something until they are ready. Luckily the straps accommodate for children from 18 months and above. I am sure you can find a fit that is just right. This is great since our little ones grow fast. It can last through the whole process.
- Comfortability. Let us be honest. Getting your kiddo to but something on is not always easy. The design of this watch is comfortable and stylish. The watch features a soft jelly wristband. You do not need to worry if your kiddo has sensitive skin. The watch features hypoallergenic materials.
- Colorful lights. So this is awesome for someone who wants to get into the nitty-gritty details of raising children. Some children may not respond well to just verbal cues. Hence why they may struggle with telling you when they need to go potty. What I have done with my kiddos in the past is offer a visual cue. For example, during clean up time, I had a colourful stand. This told them when they can play and when to start cleaning. Green meant to keep playing, yellow was a warning that we will clean up soon, and red meant to stop what you were doing and let us start cleaning. These colorful lights are those visual cues that say, “I need to get to the potty!”. A lot of times they just forget. This watch serves as their little reminder. Just like your little voice in their head.
Wow, my proudest teacher moments came out right there, but you get the idea. This is a well designed product that makes potty time enjoyable and fun for both you and your little one.
Bottom line: this is a great investment for you and your little one. It is definitely a bang for your buck deal.
You can be sure that it will create fun memories, surprisingly, in the bathroom. There are many challenges to overcome for my first-time parents out there. That does not mean we cannot overcome them with smiles on our faces.
I wish you all the best in this wonderful journey, messes and all!